RK Heliski Day Packages
RK Heliski is one of the few operators in BC that offers the option of "day heli skiing" of 3 or 5 runs (with options to purchase additional runs on the day).
One day is ideal if you’ve never heli-skied before, or don’t want to commit to a multi-day package because it’s too expensive, or you can’t get a leave pass from your spouse.
If you are staying at Panorama Mountain Resort, a day of 2 of heli skiing with RK Heliski can be the perfect adjunct to your ski holiday making it a trip of a lifetime!
If you have your own group of 5 to 7 skiers/boarders you have the option of a 5-run private day (in a smaller helicopter). You get to ski with just your group with your own guide and the pace of the day is entirely up to your and your group.
RK Heliski allows minors from the age of 14 to join a day with a consenting adult. Full-time students get a discounted rate from the full adult rate.
All day packages include the guided heli skiing, transport, breakfast, lunch, and use of powder skis and an avalanche transceiver.
Below is a short teaser of what you can expect on a day with RK Heliski.....
2016-17 Rates & Inclusions
| Rates in CAD per person ex 5% GST
Dec 17 to Jan 16,
April 1 to 10
| Peak Season
Jan 17 to March 31
| Powder Adventure (3-runs)
| Powder Adventure (5-runs)
| Powder Private (5-runs)
| Extra Runs (per run per person)*
- Off-Peak rate applies to students all season
- *Extra runs may be available if there are enough participants on the day wanting to add on runs
- Base / invoice rates are in Canadian Dollars
- 3 or 5 heli ski runs
- Use of DeCosse skis or Burton Fish Snowboards
- Gourmet breakfast & packed picnic lunch in the field
- ACMG guide service, Mammut Pulse transceiver
- Indepth safety talks
- Transport to/from heli pad/staging area if required
- Emergency evacuation coverage
- Exra runs
- SnowPulse inflatable balloon packs
- GoPro video cameras
- Multi-day options
RK Heliski Terms & Conditions
RK Heliski accept the following methods of payment:
Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Money Order, Travellers Cheques, Cheque (must be in CDN funds drawn on banks located in Canada), Cash - CDN / US dollars only
RK Heliski Deposit Policy
Powder Adventure Programs
Full payment at the time of booking is required for all single day - 3 and 5 descent packages.
Multi-day (3 days or more)
A $1000/person deposit is payable upon booking. Full payment is due 4 weeks prior to your first ski day.
Powder Privates & Astar Elite Packages
A 50% deposit is due upon booking. Full payment is due 10 weeks prior to your first ski day.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Heliski package deposits/payments are non-refundable in whole or in part. If you choose to stop skiing prior to completing your package on any given day no refund will be issued for the un-skied runs. All skiers are expected to be in suitable physical condition to complete your purchased number of runs in your package. In the event that you have not purchased trip cancellation insurance and you are unable to ski on your confirmed ski date, RK Heliski will not be held responsible for refunding any portion of your payments received. Payments received are non-transferable to other RK Heli Ski programs
Weather or Mechanical No-Fly Days
If weather or any other unforseen deterrent prevents the helicopter from flying on your designated day, clients can either opt for a full refund or apply for payment towards an excursion for a later date. Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the original payment - cash for cash or traveler's cheques, credit card refunds for payment with a credit card, direct refunds etc.
Note: refunds for the used portion of bus transportation on no fly days are not issued!
Heliski package deposits/payments are non-refundable in whole or in part once pre-payment has been made. If you choose to stop skiing during your heliski day prior to completing your package, no refund will be issued for the un-skied runs.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
We recommend that you purchase a Trip Cancellation Insurance. This may be purchased through your Travel Agent or, besides that, we can recommend an insurance company who offers this type of trip cancellation insurance. Please be sure that you are covered and are familiar with our cancellation policy.
1. Our Insurer has established the minimum age to Heliski is 14 years of age. (We may ask to see proof) In all cases the Guardian must ski with the minor every run. Also, it must be known that the Guide can cancel the minors skiing at anytime, if in their judgment the minor could jeopardize the safety or enjoyment of the other adult guests. They must also understand that if the Guardian stops skiing for any reason the minor will have to also.
2. A waiver will be signed by the Guardian separately.
3. A second waiver will also be signed by both the minor and the guardian.