Chalet Ivy Niseko
Chalet Ivy is lavishly appointed and has the attentive service you’d expect of a boutique hotel, yet this luxury Niseko hotel is large enough to offer all the amenities you’d possibly want during your Niseko ski holiday. A premier Hirafu hotel, Chalet Ivy is a 4.5 star hotel that caters to those with discerning tastes in accommodation.
Where is the Chalet Ivy?
Chalet Ivy is located in Niseko Hokkaido
, which is the most popular ski resort in Japan for good reason. This Hirafu hotel is located in a highly coveted position in the Upper Hirafu Village, on the main street (Hirafu-Zaka Street) that leads up to the Hirafu ski area. Everything is conveniently just a stone’s throw away. The main base of the Hirafu Ski Resort (and the Ace Quad Lift #2 and Ace Pair Lift #1) is just a 280 metres walk away. NBS for ski and snowboard lessons and kids club is just 270 metres away, and Alpen Childcare is 250 metres away. Many of the Niseko restaurants and bars are on the doorstep. Despite its prime location, Chalet Ivy also provides a complimentary shuttle service between the hotel and the Hirafu gondola, and an evening shuttle around the Hirafu area and to Kutchan (where there is a supermarket).
See our travel to Niseko
page for information on getting there. If you are taking the airport shuttle bus (rather than a private transfer) that arrives at the Hirafu Welcome Center, Chalet Ivy provides a shuttle service to the hotel. The hotel also provides transport from Kutchan station upon arrangement.
Chalet Ivy Niseko offers 78 generously sized hotel rooms that are elegantly adorned. The room interiors are intended to highlight the natural beauty of Niseko with natural forest motif on the bedrooms walls, and doors and furniture are constructed with light coloured wood, akin to the surrounding trees in Hokkaido.
Chalet Ivy has a range of hotel rooms and suites:
- Superior room: twin beds, up to 2-3 persons, 27-30sqm, choose from views of the ski resort, Mt Yotei or the courtyard (Mt Yotei and courtyard rooms have bathtub)
- Deluxe room: twin beds, up to 3 persons, 33 sqm, views of the village
- One bedroom suite: king bed, up to 3 persons, 48 sqm, views of Mt Yotei, bathtub, living room with kitchenette & sitting areas
- Deluxe suite: 1 bedroom, Hollywood twin/king, up to 3 persons, 54 sqm, views of courtyard, bathtub, living room with kitchenette & sitting areas
- Grand deluxe suite: 1 bedroom, king, up to 4 persons, 60 sqm, views of ski resort, living room with kitchenette & sitting areas
- Deluxe onsen suite: 1 bedroom, Hollywood twin/king, up to 3-4 persons, 55-57 sqm, views of courtyard or ski resort, living room with kitchenette & sitting areas, ensuite private onsen, bathtub
- Grand deluxe onsen suite: 2 bedroom, twin and double sofa, up to 5 persons, 71 sqm, views of Mt Yotei, ensuite private onsen, bathtub
- Penthouse: 2 twin bedrooms, 1 king bedroom, 1 tatami room with 2 futons, up to 8 persons, 223 sqm, views of Mt Yotei, private outdoor onsen, 2 rooms with ensuite private onsen, bathtub
All rooms and suites have a balcony, humidifier, refrigerator, a TV (plus TVs in bedrooms), wifi, coffee and tea making facilities, kettle, and in-room safe. Slippers, yukata and deluxe bathroom products are provided.
Facilities & Services
The Chalet Ivy Niseko has a lovely natural hot spring (onsen) with indoor and outdoor baths for men and women. The onsen, with its therapeutic mineral rich spring water, is for hotel guests only. There is also a private onsen available for reservation.
The hotel offers a ski and snowboard concierge service which incorporates:
- ski and snowboard lockers
- ski and snowboard lessons
- onsite ski and snowboard rentals
- hot wax service for skis/snowboard
Other hotel facilities and services:
- spa offering massage services
- concierge services for advice on transport, activities and dining
- free wifi
- shuttle services as described above
Dining and Bar
The après lounge is situated just off the lobby, where you can sit at the bar or alternatively lounge in a comfortable chair in front of the real log fire.
The Snow Castle Restaurant provides a modern fine dining Japanese experience. During winter the chef prepares set menus using the finest Hokkaido seasonal produce.
Hirafu Zaka offers a more casual dining setting with views up to the ski resort. Izakaya style fare is on offer for lunch or dinner. A very comprehensive buffet breakfast is served in Hirafu Zaka.
More Reasons to Stay at the Chalet Ivy Niseko
Due to its prime location towards the top of the Upper Hirafu village, the hotel provides uninterrupted views of the ski resort from Hirafu Zaka (the breakfast restaurant and izakaya) and many of the hotel rooms.
The hotel is delightfully upscale, and the staff provide very high levels of service.
Chalet Ivy is completely smoke free; not something that you can take for granted in Japan.