Harris Mt Cook Heliski Packages
The Aoraki Mount Cook ranges are not only the home of New Zealand’s highest peak, but also some of the country’s most exhilarating ski and snowboard terrain. Harris Mountain Heli-Ski has access to some incredible heli-ski territory in this extraordinary region.
Harris Mountains Heli Ski offer Mt Cook packages that include gorgeous scenic flights between Queenstown or Wanaka and Mount Cook. However if you are staying in or near Mt Cook, you don't have to miss out as you can drive directly to the staging area (heli pad) and save yourself several hundred dollars on the flights.
Various options are also available for private charter and multi-day packages at Mt Cook. Enquire above for an accurate quote.
See rates and inclusion for day heli packages here >>
Typical Itinerary for Mt Cook Package
- Clients have the option to self-drive to the staging area at Mt Cook. HMH also offer the option to fly to Mt Cook from Queenstown or Wanaka.
- Early in the morning Harris Mountains Heliski (HMH) check the weather, then they contact you to confirm the heli-ski trip is on, and to set a pickup time.
- HMH pick you up at your accommodation and drive you to the staging area, where you’re introduced to your pilot, guide and fellow heli-skiers.
- A safety briefing is given covering avalanche transceivers, helicopter and mountain safety. Then you fly off to the day’s first heli-ski run.
- All heli-ski groups meet together for an alpine buffet lunch and some downtime to relax and talk about the morning’s action.
- After that, it’s back to the ultimate ski experience - more heli-ski runs to finish off your perfect day in the mountains.
- At the end of the day, HMH drive you from the staging area back to your accommodation for a well-deserved rest or a quick change before your après ski evening in Queenstown or Wanaka.
2016 Rates & Inclusions (NZD per person)
The following is included in all HMH packages:
- Fully qualified guide
- Heli skiing in a small group of 4-5 guests
- Gourmet buffet lunch (yum!)
- Use of avalanche transceiver
- Return transfers from accommodation to airport (if taking the Classic package with flights)
- Return flights from Queenstown or Wanaka to Mt Cook (if taking the Classic package with flights)
- Pick up and drop-off of any rental equipment
- Video service on request
|Mt Cook Classic 5-run (Including Flight) NZD$1,565
Experience a breathtaking scenic flight from Queenstown or Wanaka before beginning your epic day of heli-skiing at Mt Cook. Combining 5 classic runs heli-skiing NZ's highest alpine playground, with transfers via plane to Mt Cook. The ultimate day heli-skiing!
|Mt Cook Classic 5-runs (From Mt Cook) NZD$1,155
Explore a variety of amazing terrain, take in the spectacular views of Aoraki Mount Cook. 5 mountain ranges and over 1500 square kilometers of terrain.
|Extra Runs NZD$110
You can choose to upgrade your day by adding extra runs. Available with the agreement of a minimum of three clients per group
|Private Charter ENQUIRE
A private charter trip offers the ultimate in convenience and flexibility and allows HMH to design your heli-ski day specifically for you
Harris Mountains Heliski Terms and Conditions
Reservations and Confirmations
Reservations must be reconfirmed by 6.00pm the day prior to flying. Early morning the weather is checked regarding daily operation. If weather conditions preclude flying you can reschedule to the next day. It is wise to book well in advance especially during our peak season.
Credit card payment is required to pre-authorise and guarantee your booking. Full payment for your heli-ski trip will be taken on the day of your departure.
If in the event that bad weather can prevent flying, reconfirmation must be made by 6.00pm the day prior to flying / heli-skiing.
Cancellations & Refunds
Full refund can only be guaranteed if we receive your notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to skiing. Within 24 hours of departure, full payment is retained. If adverse weather prevents flying, your money will be fully refunded. If some heli-ski runs have been completed, but fewer than the number of runs books, you will be refunded at $100 per run not skied. Refunds are not given if runs are not completed due to the lack of ability or fitness.
Prices are per person and in New Zealand dollars. Inclusive of 15% GST (goods & services tax)