Nagano-Niigata Local Secrets Tour - New for 2017!
Aki Kitamura has grown up in the skiing and snowboarding (yes he does both) in the Nagano Niigata mountains and has a wealth of local knowledge he and his guides are willing to share with a few lucky people.
This fabulous 7-day tour is fully hosted & guided by Aki or one of his guides and the tour is based at a wonderful Japanese family run pension (Lodge) located in Madarao Kogen and includes 5 days of guided skiing where you will be shown the local secret stashes within ski resort boundaries, in the side country and also in the backcountry.
Skier/Boarder AbilityThis trip is geared toward advanced to expert skiers and boarders. You should at least be able to ski/ride down black runs with confidence and at a reasonable pace, controlled turns and be in control all of the time.
Given that this tour incorporates backcountry skiing & boarding, participants must carry avalanche safety gear (which is included in the package price).
Most terrain will be accessible by traversing from lifts however there may be some short walks depending on the group's desires.
Ride & ski the local's secret stashes
Stay in a fabulous Japanese pension
Make new life-long ski buddies
This tour is based at Pension Fujio
in Madarao Kogen.
Pension Fujio is located a short 1 minute drive to the slopes of Madarao Mountain. The pension offers Japanese/western combo-style rooms with twin western beds and a tatami area. Bathroom facilities are shared.
There is a lovely communal lounge-bar area for guests to congregate at in the evenings to discuss the amazing day of powder skiing/riding and there are vending machines serving soft drinks and lots of BEER!
The pension has a nice indoor Japanese bathhouse (onsen) and wifi is available throughout the building.
A daily western breakfast is included as part of the package as is 4 night time meals where you will experience wonderful home cooked Japanese cuisine.
Simple western-style room
Cosy bar area
2017 Rates & Inclusions
¥240,000 per person
- base / invoice rate is in Japanese Yen
- displayed prices in other currencies may fluctuate to to exchange rate fluctuations
- price is per person staying in a twin room
- single-room upgrade is 6,000 yen per night (36,000 yen for 6 nights)
- TRANSPORT: guide will drive you to each of the ski areas
- LODGING: based on twin-share in separate beds
- MEALS: Breakfast every day & 4 night-time dinners
- LIFT PASSES: 5 days of lift tickets
- HOSTING: Native English speaking guide
- GUIDING: Daily guiding;off-piste, sidecountry & backcountry (max 1:8 ratio)
- Powder skis or powder snowboards
- Single room upgrade - 36,000 yen for the 6 nights
- FLIGHTS: International flights in/out of Narita airport - book flights here
TRIP INSURANCE: Highly recommended, as all subsisting costs will be charged in case of absence. Get insurance here
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS - these are not included however it is very simple to get from Tokyo airports to Madarao. See details here.
MEALS & DRINKS: only those meals stated above are included in the price.
POWDER SKIS & POWDER BOARDS: It is highly recommended for maximum enjoyment that you have appropriate skis and snowboards for deep, deep powder.
6 nights twin-share accommodation
Daily breakfast & 4 dinners
5 days guided skiing / snowboarding (max group 8)
5 days lift passes (at up to 3 resorts)
Use of avalanche safety equipment
Nagano Outdoor Sports Terms & Conditions
Paypal, Direct International Deposit, Credit Card
CurrencyThe invoice currency is in Japanese Yen.
The full amount is required at the time of booking to secure your spot on the tour.
If you cancel after paying the full amount:
1) More than 90 days prior to the tour a refund of 70% of the total amount will be given
2) 60 - 90 days prior to the tour a refund of 60% of the total amount will be given
3) 30 - 60 days prior to the tour a refund of 50% of the total amount will be given
4) Less than 30 days prior to the tour no refundable is provided