Southwest Solutions Tour - New for 2017!
Whilst Rising Sun Guides
is a brand new company, the owner (Andrew Spragg) has been offering guided trips in Hokkaido since 2005 and brings a highly experienced crew to his new operation.
If you have been to Niseko before and you are gagging to get even more powder, this could be the tour for you!
The Southwest Solutions tour is a fully customizable
tour for PRIVATE GROUPS.
The itinerary is based on 5 nights in Niseko, chasing powder with an experienced guide at Niseko, with options to ski/ride at Rusutsu, Kiroro and Moiwa and ending the tour with 2 nights in Sapporo (resorts Teine and Kokusai).
The price indicated above includes 7 nights accommodation, however you can drop the 5 nights in Niseko and do your own thing with respect to the accommodation.
The package includes the in-bound transfer from Chitose Airport to your Niseko accommodation and private transport in a comfy 4wd van to other ski areas on guided days and to Sapporo.
There are limited guides available for these tours so you will need to be quick to lock down a tour & date.
To get the most out of this tour, RSGs recommend you be a MINIMUM strong intermediate skier/boarder
. You should be able to confidently link together tight turns on black runs and ideally have some powder skiing/riding experience.
As it is your tour, you can ultimately influence your guide as to the types of terrain you want to ski/ride in and whether you want to do any hiking or touring away from the lifts to access the steep & deep.
You will do plenty of this
.and a bit of this...
...and lots of this
Because this is a custom package, the accommodation will be chose based on your group size
The advertised package is based on lodge-style accommodation
. Lodge-style accommodation in Niseko usually has single western-style beds (sometimes bunks) however in most cases bathrooms are shared. As this is a custom package you have the option to upgrade to a hotel, apartment or a private house for an additional cost.
, there are some very good 3-star hotels
that RSGs use however there is also an upgrade option to a 4-star like the Mercure or the Cross Hotel (subject to availability). The hotels based on the advertised package price have single western beds (twin or triple-share) and all rooms have private en suite.
In each case, breakfast will be provided each morning (most likely buffet-style with a reasonable selection of western food).
A typical lodge room...
.a typical 3-star hotel room...
...Breakfast is often buffet-style
This itinerary is is totally customizable. You can choose to undertake it as is, or add/remove the number of guided days and add/remove the overall number of days.
This itinerary starts at Chitose Airport (CTS)
and ends in Sapporo city.
Arrive at Chitose Airport and transfer to Niseko to your accommodation where you will spend the next 5 nights.
The package can include accommodation in Niseko or you can take that component out and do your own thing.
Day 2 - 5
For the next 4 days you have 2 guided ski days in the Niseko region. Options include Niseko, Rusutsu, Moiwa and Kiroro and/or some backcountry touring.
On the alternate days you have the freedom to do your own thing. Take a day off to explore Niseko and the area, or hit Niseko or one of the other ski areas hard with your mates. Or you can add additional guided days to the package.
Early morning departure from Niseko and ski one of the Sapporo resorts (Options are Teine, Kokusai or Kiroro). After a full day of skiing you will be driven to your accommodation in Sapporo where you will spend the next 2 nights.
Sapporo is a vibrant city with literally thousands of restaurants and bars; every little alley way is another adventure.
Ditto, the aim will be to get the best conditions on the day to end your epic adventure!
And this is your last night in Sapporo to turn up the party volume and reminisce about the incredible trip you have just had, and to start planning your next powder assault.
After breakfast you will transfer to Chitose airport (this transfer is not included in the package) and head home or onwards filled with a lifetime of memories (and pics!).
Niseko night skiing anyone?!
...the food is incredible..
2017 Rates & Inclusions
Full Price: ¥179,000
(based on group of 5)
Price is per person, based on double or triple occupancy.
- Payments are in Japanese Yen
- ¥129,000 if you want to drop the accommodation in Niseko and do your own accommodation
IMPORTANT: It is important to understand that groups of 5 are optimal when it comes to the price. Over 5 in the group you will require another guide which will increase the cost of the tour for everyone. Likewise, under 5 in the group and the cost per person will increase.
- Arrival airport transfer
- 4 guided ski days
- 4 days lift tickets
- 2 or 7 nights twin / triple share accommodation
- 2 or 7 breakfasts
- All private transfers on guided ski days
- Max 5 guests to 1 guide
- Required travel insurance
- Flights - book flights here
- Lunch, dinner, drinks, onsen, shopping
- Departure airport transfer although arrangements and instructions will be provided.
- Avalanche safety kit
- Backcountry touring gear
- Avalanche safety gear - Enquire for prices
- Backcountry touring gear rentals - Enquire for price
Rising Sun Guides Terms & Conditions
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm.
- Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost.
- Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- At the time of booking, you will receive a message with your invoice allowing you to complete payment by international bank transfer or with your credit card through Paypal. Paypal is the preferred method on payments under 100,000Yen. There is a 4% service fee associated with all paypal transactions, however on payments up to 100,000 Yen Rising Sun Guides will accept this fee. For larger payments, the 4% service charge will be added to your invoice. Alternatively, bank transfer is the preferred method on large transactions as the associated flat rate fees are lower. All bank transfer details are available on your electronic invoice. If you choose to complete a bank transfer, please ignore the paypal service charge listed on your invoice and only transfer the amount owing on the balance line of your invoice before the paypal service fee.
Note: You do not need a Paypal account to use this online system. Simply follow the instructions and links provided with your electronic invoice.
- All customers signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund.
- All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability.
- RSG reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time (typically due to inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions or guide injury / sickness). In the event of cancellation, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a refund.
All guests booking our backcountry or lift assisted day trips are covered by the RSG Powder Guarantee.
- All participants entering the backcountry (anywhere outside of the ski area boundary) on a guided tour must be at least 13 years of age.
- We ask guests to be honest with themselves about their skill level. If you have booked and paid for a trip with RSG but it is clear that your skills are insufficient for the trip you have booked, we will cancel the remainder of the day and refund 50% of your booking fee.
- It is your responsibility to care for any rental equipment supplied by Rising Sun. Guests will be charged for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items.