The Powder Room - New for 2017!
Whilst Rising Sun Guides
is a brand new company, the owner (Andrew Spragg) has been offering guided trips in Hokkaido since 2005 and brings a highly experienced crew to his new operation.
This very exciting ladies only tour
is for advanced and above skiers and boarders
wanting to chase the deepest snow in Hokkaido over 9 days. Enter the powder room where you can powder your nose, inhale powder, and just generally revel in the joys of Hokkaido powder!
The daily itinerary is left fairly open so the group can chase the best conditions in each area each day, however the first few days you will be guided around the Niseko area
where you will ski areas such as Niseko
. The middle few days will be spent in Central Hokkaido
with access to Furano
, and then the finale for the last couple of days is around Sapporo
You will be transported around in a comfy 4WD van and will spend your nights initially in Niseko
, then Asahikawa
at the end of the trip.
There are only 10 spots and one date so you will need to be quick!
This tour is for skiers / snowboarders who are advanced to expert
. You should have experience in skiing and riding steep, technical runs and tight trees. Ideally you will also have some deep powder skiing/riding experience.
As this tour also includes some backcountry touring from the lifts, you should be reasonably fit. It's OK if you have never toured before as your guide will show you the ropes, but you need to be keen to go uphill if the weather and snow dictate.
Ski the deepest powder of your life...
...visit & stay in beautiful locations...
...and indulge in the great food
All accommodation will be min 3 star hotel-style accommodation.
Beds will typically be single western beds (twin or triple-share) and rooms will have private en suite.
Breakfast will be provided each morning (most likely buffet-style with a reasonable selection of western food).
More information about accommodation will be posted shortly, however please enquire for this information.
A typical 3 star hotel room...
.a typical en suite...
...a western buffet breakfast
This itinerary is reasonably flexible because this tour is all about chasing the powder.
This tour starts at Chitose International Airport (CTS)
and ends in Sapporo.
Arrive at Sapporo Chitose Airport and transfer to your Niseko accommodation where you will spend the first 4 nights.
Day 2 & 3
For the next 2 days you will ski or ride the deep powder Niseko and other nearby resorts (Rusutsu, Kiroro & Moiwa) have become famous for. Where the group goes each day will depend on the snow and weather conditions.
For most of the day you will explore another one of ski areas in the Niseko region before jumping in the 4WD van and heading up to Asahikawa in Central Hokkaido. Asahikawa is a lovely small city with plenty of options for food and nightlife and
will be your base for the next 3 nights.
Day 5 & 6
For the next 2 days you have easy access to Furano, Asahidake & Kamui Links. This region is famous for its abundant falls of fluffy dry snow (even deeper and lighter than Niseko!) and small crowds skiing off piste so you will get plenty of opportunity to make your own fresh lines. Each night you will head back to Asahikawa where you can choose to do your own thing for dinner or join your group.
After another day skiing one of Central Hokkaido's epic ski areas, it's back in the van for a trip to Sapporo where you will spend your last 2 nights. Sapporo is the largest city in Hokkaido and an amazing Japanese city (like a mini Tokyo) with a vast array of shopping opportunities, and literally thousands of restaurants and bars. The underground shopping mall which runs almost all the way under the city is a tour in itself.
Oh no, this is your last day of skiing/boarding so you had better make it a good one. From Sapporo you can easily access Sapporo Kokusai, Teine or even head across to Kiroro. Once again the decision will be based on where to find the best conditions on the day.
This evening will be your last so it will be a great opportunity to party it up with your new life long ski and boarding buddies (and start planning your next adventure).
After breakfast you can make your way to the airport at leisure depending on what time your flight leaves. It is very easy to catch either a bus from the city or the train, and both options are quite inexpensive. This transfer is not included in the tour however RSG can assist you with more details on this and you can leave it to the day before (if you are taking the bus) or even on the day if you are taking the train as you just buy a ticket at the station.
And then it's back to the grind to save up enough pennies for your next ski or snowboard adventure, wherever that may be.
Oh and don't forget to write a review
about this tour on Powderhounds.com
Niseko Hirafu village...
...and vibrant Sapporo
2017 Rates & Inclusions
Full Price: ¥249,000
Price is per person, based on double or triple occupancy.
- Single travelers can request a single room upgrade
- Payments are in Japanese Yen
- Arrival airport transfer
- 7 guided ski days
- 7 days lift tickets
- 8 nights twin / triple share accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- All private transfers on guided ski days
- Max 4:1 guest to guide ratio
- Min 6 / Max 10 guests on trip
- Required travel insurance
- Flights - book flights here
- Lunch, dinner, drinks, onsen, shopping
- Single room upgrades available upon request
- Departure airport transfer although arrangements and instructions will be provided.
- Avalanche safety kit and backcountry touring gear. Rental available – please inquire for rates and information.
- Single room upgrade - Enquire for prices
- Avalanche safety gear - Enquire for prices
- Backcountry touring gear rentals - Enquire for price
8 nights twin/triple share accommodation
7 guided ski days including lift tickets
Private airport transfers & ground transport
Min 6 / Max 10 guests, Max 4:1 guest to guide ratio
Rising Sun Guides Terms & Conditions
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm.
- Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost.
- Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- At the time of booking, you will receive a message with your invoice allowing you to complete payment by international bank transfer or with your credit card through Paypal. Paypal is the preferred method on payments under 100,000Yen. There is a 4% service fee associated with all paypal transactions, however on payments up to 100,000 Yen Rising Sun Guides will accept this fee. For larger payments, the 4% service charge will be added to your invoice. Alternatively, bank transfer is the preferred method on large transactions as the associated flat rate fees are lower. All bank transfer details are available on your electronic invoice. If you choose to complete a bank transfer, please ignore the paypal service charge listed on your invoice and only transfer the amount owing on the balance line of your invoice before the paypal service fee.
Note: You do not need a Paypal account to use this online system. Simply follow the instructions and links provided with your electronic invoice.
- All customers signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund.
- All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability.
- RSG reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time (typically due to inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions or guide injury / sickness). In the event of cancellation, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a refund.
All guests booking our backcountry or lift assisted day trips are covered by the RSG Powder Guarantee.
- All participants entering the backcountry (anywhere outside of the ski area boundary) on a guided tour must be at least 13 years of age.
- We ask guests to be honest with themselves about their skill level. If you have booked and paid for a trip with RSG but it is clear that your skills are insufficient for the trip you have booked, we will cancel the remainder of the day and refund 50% of your booking fee.
- It is your responsibility to care for any rental equipment supplied by Rising Sun. Guests will be charged for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items.