Selkirk Wilderness Skiing Packages
For 2017-18 trips, the 2016-17 guests have up to two weeks after their tour to re-book for the same week in the following season. In the meantime you can make an enquiry to join the waiting list for a cat skiing trip.
The Selkirk Classic
includes 6 nights of accommodation in the Selkirk Wilderness Lodge plus 5 days of cat skiing. The ultimate ski holiday starts on a Sunday afternoon and goes until the following Saturday morning.
Each package includes plenty of guided skiing and boarding, accommodation, and gourmet meals. The homely Selkirk Wilderness Skiing lodge
has lots of great facilities, and relaxation is a high priority with an outdoor hot tub, sauna, and massages available – perfect for fatigued muscles after an epic day of cat skiing. With a maximum of 24 guests per week and 15 staff, the service is beautifully attentive.
Here is a little video of a Selkirk Wilderness experience......
For more information about Selkirk Wilderness Skiing aka Selkirk Snowcat Skiing, click here >>
Selkirk Wilderness Lodge
The Selkirk Wilderness Skiing lodge is located in a remote spot in the wilderness overlooking Kootenay Lake and the Purcell Mountains. The lodge is only accessible via snowcat, so you know you’re really getting away from it all at Selkirk Wilderness Skiing
As you enter the lodge you’re greeted by the friendly lodge staff, and you know at once that you’re very welcome. Within minutes you feel relaxed, and before long you’re fully absorbed into the laid-back atmosphere of the lodge.
The décor is simple and casual; in line with the culture of the operation.
In addition to “honeymoon suites” with king sized beds, there are various single rooms and twin rooms. They’ve even thought of the tall people with numerous single beds that are extra long.
The beds are so comfie and soft that they envelope your body. Combined with a lovely fluffy doona, it’s somewhat difficult to get out of bed in the morning. Thankfully the lure of a hot breakfast and powder snow provides adequate motivation!
None of the rooms have ensuites, but they provide lovely fluffy dressing gowns to wear between your room and the bathroom (or the hot tub).
The lodge has lots of nooks and crannies in which to play or relax. The staff at SWS have thought of everything you might need or want. Facilities and services of the lodge include:
- Outdoor hot tub to soak those fatigued muscles
- Wood fired sauna
- Bar with an honesty system for the purchase of wine and beer
- Lots of games such as pool, ping-pong and crud
- Big TV where you can view your ski photos and videos
- Reading room with delightful views
- Yoga and stretching in the morning
- Massages upon request
- Drying room
- Phone and internet access
- Retail shop with Selkirk Wilderness Skiing souvenirs and a few sundries
The meals are amazing at SWS and you’ll be at serious risk of getting “heli-belly”, or considering this is cat skiing, you might become a “fat cat”! Thankfully you’ll burn off plenty of energy whilst playing out in the powder, so you can really enjoy all the culinary delights that Kate and her team create.
Breakfast and dinner are served in the dining room around large tables that are very conducive to socialising. In addition to taking in the gorgeous views, breakfast fare includes different cooked dishes each day as well as continental breakfast items. Dinner is a grand affair with fare that is delicious and inventive.
Ravenous skiers and boarders are also provided with a range of après snacks.
What Stands Out About the Lodge
The food is definitely a highlight, as are the super comfie beds. The culture and atmosphere of the lodge is delightful, down-to-earth, affable and very inviting. And it’s not just the staff that are incredibly friendly. Even the lodge itself is friendly – it’s very environmentally friendly!
Selkirk Wilderness Lodge
Nice bar and common areas
Meals are a highlight
Rates & Inclusions
Invoice / base currency is CAD
- 5% tax to be added to displayed rates
Optional Add-On's / Extras
- 5 days cat skiing
- 6 night accom (twin share)
- All meals
- Avo beacon & safety gear
- Time of your life!
- Fat skis
- Alcoholic beverages
- All Rates are in Canadian funds.
- A deposit of $1000.00 per person will hold your space.
- Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Deposits are not transferable beyond the current season.
- The balance of payment is due approximately 12 - 14 weeks before your tour date.
- For your convenience we will send you a reminder 4 weeks prior to the due date.
- If full payment is not received by the due date your space will be released to someone on our wait list.
- Once the balance is paid, your package is only transferable if you can find a replacement for the same week. All funds are otherwise totally non-refundable.
- Deposits and balance of payments may be made by VISA, MASTERCARD or AMEX.
- SWS reserve the right to cancel any ski package, or any portion of a ski package, at any time. Full refund will be given in this event, but under no circumstances is the company responsible for the skiers inconvenience or travel expenses.
- Travel, medical and trip cancellation / interruption insurance is highly recommended and can be purchased here