Harris Mountains Queenstown & Wanaka Heliski Packages
Harris Mountains Heli-ski offer single day packages so your NZ ski holiday can include some heli skiing mixed in with resort skiing at the nearby ski resorts. However once you go heli skiing you might not ever want to go back to lift accessed skiing!
Typically the 3-4 run Queenstown and Wanaka heli skiing packages will suit intermediates to advanced skiers and riders, whilst maximum vertical packages (7+ runs) are only suited to advanced to expert skiers who don’t need to take things at a leisurely pace.
Harris Mountains Heli Ski also offers Mt Cook packages that include gorgeous scenic flights between Queenstown and Mount Cook.
Various options are also available for private charter and multi-day packages. Enquire above for an accurate quote.
See rates and inclusion for day heli packages here >>
Queenstown & Wanaka Typical Itinerary
- Early in the morning Harris Mountains Heliski (HMH) check the weather, then they contact you to confirm the heli-ski trip is on, and to set a pickup time.
- HMH pick you up at your accommodation and drive you to the staging area, where you’re introduced to your pilot, guide and fellow heli-skiers.
- A safety briefing is given covering avalanche transceivers, helicopter and mountain safety. Then you fly off to the day’s first heli-ski run.
- All heli-ski groups meet together for an alpine buffet lunch and some downtime to relax and talk about the morning’s action.
- After that, it’s back to the ultimate ski experience - more heli-ski runs to finish off your perfect day in the mountains.
- At the end of the day, HMH drive you from the staging area back to your accommodation for a well-deserved rest or a quick change before your après ski evening in Queenstown or Wanaka.
2017 Rates & Inclusions (NZD per person)
The following is included in all HMH packages:
- Fully qualified guide
- Heli skiing in a small group of 4-5 guests
- Gourmet buffet lunch (yum!)
- Use of avalanche transceiver
- Return transfers from accommodation to helicopter staging area if required
- Pick up and drop-off of any rental equipment
- Video service on request
|Experience 3-run Package NZD$990
For everyone who thought heli-skiing was beyond them. Your guide will lead you to terrain suited to your ability for an unforgettable ski experience.
|Classic 4-runs Package NZD$1,045
Explore a variety of amazing terrain on a classic day of New Zealand heli-skiing. Explore Queenstown and Wanaka's powder playground.
|Maximum Vert 7-runs Package NZD$1,325
The ultimate trip, more runs, steeper terrain, faster pace. Embrace the essence of heli-skiing on this unique trip.
|Extra Runs NZD$110 / run
Get more vertical - Upgrade your heli-ski day by adding extra runs to this trip. Extra heli-runs are available subject to conditions and agreement by a minimum of 3 clients per group.
|Private Charter ENQUIRE
A private charter trip offers the ultimate in convenience and flexibility and allows HMH to design your heli-ski day specifically for you
From 3 to 7 amazing heli ski runs
Guiding from professional & qualified guides (max 1:5 ratio)
Gourmet picnic lunch in the mountains
Use & training on avalanche beacon
Pick-up and return from your accommodation to heli pad
Harris Mountains Heliski Terms and Conditions
Reservations and Confirmations
Reservations must be reconfirmed by 6.00pm the day prior to flying. Early morning the weather is checked regarding daily operation. If weather conditions preclude flying you can reschedule to the next day. It is wise to book well in advance especially during our peak season.
Credit card payment is required to pre-authorise and guarantee your booking. Full payment for your heli-ski trip will be taken on the day of your departure.
If in the event that bad weather can prevent flying, reconfirmation must be made by 6.00pm the day prior to flying / heli-skiing.
Cancellations & Refunds
Full refund can only be guaranteed if we receive your notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to skiing. Within 24 hours of departure, full payment is retained. If adverse weather prevents flying, your money will be fully refunded. If some heli-ski runs have been completed, but fewer than the number of runs books, you will be refunded at $100 per run not skied. Refunds are not given if runs are not completed due to the lack of ability or fitness.
Prices are per person and in New Zealand dollars. Inclusive of 15% GST (goods & services tax)